Senior Account Executive
The R+A Senior Account Executive contributes to successful account performance through the planning, management, and execution of communications campaigns and initiatives. This includes: media relations, social media, and digital strategy; acting as a client liaison; event planning; and project oversight.
The Senior Account Executive leads strategy and communications planning, manages Account Executives and Assistant Account Executives working on a project, and is involved in the daily implementation of communications campaigns. The Senior Account Executive also actively participates in new business development and provides input for R+A corporate strategy, as well as playing an integral role in the training of junior staff members. Senior Account Executives will have demonstrated exceptional account strategy, client services, and communications skills.
Senior Account Executives are integral to each client’s success and ensure that campaigns are carried out in alignment with the client’s goals. They make contributions to the future success of the firm and R+A encourages their continued growth.
- Leading/contributing to the development of overarching account strategy and identification of campaign goals
- Generating strategic proposals and implementation timelines for internal and client reference
- Coordinating strategic communications campaigns—including media relations, social media and digital strategies, information management, and other activities—that advance client goals
- Developing strategies for the use of social media and digital platforms to meet client goals
- Planning, overseeing, and supporting in the implementation of productive interactions between clients and opinion-leading journalists through press briefings and other cultivation opportunities
- Cultivating strong relationships with national media contacts, and leveraging these relationships for the benefit of client visibility
- Event planning and management
- Reviewing/generating press and collateral materials to support communications activities and media relations
- Tracking and assessing campaign outcomes, and transmitting these outcomes to the client through real-time reporting and comprehensive campaign summaries
- Tracking and recording billable and non-billable time; reviewing account team hours to ensure alignment with goals
- Training and evaluating those team members they supervise, providing constructive feedback about their performance on an ongoing basis and readiness for promotion at annual reviews
- Actively participating in new business cultivation, including institutional research, proposal development, and attendance at new business and R+A leadership meetings.
- Implementing R+A’s strategic planning initiatives in concert with relevant strategic planning committees
- 5-7 years of experience in communications, ideally in the visual and performing arts realm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with database use and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Experience in managing direct reports and teams
- Demonstrated passion and interest in the arts and culture