Media Relations Intern (summer 2021)
The Media Relations internship will provide hands-on experience working in a leading PR agency, liaising with media, developing press materials, implementing communications strategy, and supporting client relations.
The role will provide hands-on experience working in a leading PR agency, liaising with media, developing press materials, implementing communications strategy, and supporting client relations.
Through this internship you will:
- Have the opportunity to work on multiple client accounts across visual arts, performing arts, design, and culture
- Gain experiencing working in a fast-paced agency setting while increasing your knowledge of the wider media landscape and art and cultural world
- Refine your writing skills through the development of internal and external client communications including press releases and social media copy
- Deepen your understanding of the overarching structure of PR campaigns and strategy
- Learn how to build a network of media contacts through phone and email pitching
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in arts and culture, be engaged in the evolving media landscape, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, be hardworking and organized. The intern will report to a senior team leader, who will serve as both mentor and manager on day-to-day account tasks.
HOW TO APPLY:
An application statement and resume are required to apply for this internship. Your statement can be written or submitted via video and should respond to the following prompt:
What makes this particular internship appealing to you and why would it be a good fit for your goals and interests?
Please indicate which position you are applying for. Both resume and response should be emailed to email@example.com, with subject line: “R+A Internship: [Media Relations or Digital]” by January 22, 2021.