Media Relations Intern (summer 2021)
Applications have closed for this summer's internship - thank you to all who applied!
The Media Relations internship will provide hands-on experience working in a leading PR agency, liaising with media, developing press materials, implementing communications strategy, and supporting client relations.
The role will provide hands-on experience working in a leading PR agency, liaising with media, developing press materials, implementing communications strategy, and supporting client relations.
Through this internship you will:
- Have the opportunity to work on multiple client accounts across visual arts, performing arts, design, and culture
- Gain experiencing working in a fast-paced agency setting while increasing your knowledge of the wider media landscape and art and cultural world
- Refine your writing skills through the development of internal and external client communications including press releases and social media copy
- Deepen your understanding of the overarching structure of PR campaigns and strategy
- Learn how to build a network of media contacts through phone and email pitching
This internship is part of an effort to increase representation of BIPOC voices in our field as well as in the arts at large. Preference will be given to BIPOC candidates with a demonstrated interest in the arts. The internship is paid and will be remote for summer 2021.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in arts and culture, be engaged in the evolving media landscape, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, be hardworking and organized. The intern will report to a senior team leader, who will serve as both mentor and manager on day-to-day account tasks.
HOW TO APPLY:
An application statement and resume are required to apply for this internship. Your statement can be written or submitted via video and should respond to the following prompt:
What makes this particular internship appealing to you and why would it be a good fit for your goals and interests?
Please indicate which position you are applying for. Both resume and response should be emailed to email@example.com, with subject line: “R+A Internship: [Media Relations or Digital]” by February 26, 2021.