Media Relations Intern (Summer 2022)
Resnicow and Associates is seeking media relations and digital interns to support our NYC office in summer 2022. This internship is part of an effort to increase representation of BIPOC voices in our field as well as in the arts at large. Preference will be given to BIPOC candidates with a demonstrated interest in the arts.
The Media Relations internship will provide hands-on experience working in a leading PR agency, liaising with media, developing press materials, implementing communications strategy, and supporting client relations.
Internships are paid, beginning June 2022 and ending August 2022 (end date is flexible, depending on university schedules). The internship can be used for college credit. The position will be based remotely and/or in person, depending on the preference of the intern, and interns are asked to work a 20-hour week, depending on schedules.
Through this internship you will:
- Have the opportunity to work on multiple client accounts across visual arts, performing arts, design, and culture
- Gain experiencing working in a fast-paced agency setting while increasing your knowledge of the wider media landscape and art and cultural world
- Refine your writing skills through the development of internal and external client communications including press releases and social media copy
- Deepen your understanding of the overarching structure of PR campaigns and strategy
- Learn how to build a network of media contacts through phone and email pitching
The intern will report to a senior team leader, who will serve as both mentor and manager on day-to-day account tasks.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in arts and culture, be engaged in the evolving media landscape, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, and be hardworking and organized. Preference will be given to BIPOC candidates with a demonstrated interest in the arts.
HOW TO APPLY:
An application statement and resume are required to apply for this internship. Your statement can be written or submitted via video and should respond to the following prompt:
What makes this particular internship appealing to you and why would it be a good fit for your goals and interests?
Please indicate which position you are applying for. Both resume and response should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “R+A Internship: [Media Relations or Digital]” by February 18, 2022.